Hey Guys - Just wanted to say, I was very impressed with All of your work today - Can't say how excited I am to see where you guys are by the end of the semester. Thankyou for all of your comments today. I look forward to meeting with you Thursday.
Here are some Demos of Silhouette thumbnails you can find on youtube. Most of these are only "meh" but they can at least give you some ideas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meIOValetZw&feature=relmfu - Creature Design - but this one has a really good commentary. Hits alot of important points and has some really good insight. He also takes his design further and shows how he starts to add value and goes from a silhouette to a concept design.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=cLHKJS1k4u8 - Thorin Oakenshild - nice basic thumbnails - spends most of his time working on interior silhouettes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEl__CfOT7U&feature=related - nice and loose. okay commentary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9brG6o-PEs - This ones more thumb-nailing than silhouettes. annoying music
for our assignment I am only asking for exterior silhouettes (you don't have to do grey-scale - just solid black). concentrate on that for now - play with Dominant Masses, Costumes, Gestures, Proportion, Shape variation (Big, Medium, Small) - apply what we have talked about in class so far.
some mediums you might try- Digital, ebony pencil, sharpie marker, Ink, bic pen
BTW - The Illustrations I brought in was Berni Wrightson's Frankenstein.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.